Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun..Mostly

Click to play
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Like always Mike, my mom and I went to Santa Fe to join the Wallers for Thanksgiving. But this year was a little different- I'm pregnant this year. Everyone is so excited and alhtough I felt like I could possibly toss cookies at anytime, the excitement was contagious! Paula bought us the cutest baby outfit! It's gray and white and has a bear on the butt! It also has a hatch in the back! So Cute! We drove down on Tuesday and got up Wednesday morning to find an apartment in Rio Rancho and we did! All before 1pm might I add. It's really cute and not that much more than we are paying now- which is a big feat in Aluquerque! After we found our apartment, we went to lunch with our friend Tricia who will be living all of 10 minutes away and then we went shooping at the best mall- which I might also add is directly across the street from our new apartment...Mike understandibly sees this as more of a problem than something to be excited about!And of course I bought and looked at super cute baby stuff! I got a onesie the says "My Daddy Rocks" Then of course on Thursday we slept late and had turkey at Debbie and Larry's and settled down to look at the sale papers. Because......we got up at 2:30 in the morning to go shopping with Ms. Paula ans Debbie. We only got two hours of sleep. We left the house at 3:00am and by 4:00am we were freezing and standing in line in front of JC Penneys. I know this sounds crazy and it is...but apparetly Paula and Debbie do this every year with great results. After Penney's we went to Sears, Kohls, Wal Mart, Big Lots and Mervyns. I have ever been so tired of shopping by the end I just wanted to go back to bed. But alas, this was not meant to be. Grandma Holly was sent to the Emergency room from the nursing home. She had knee replacement surgery on BOTH knees in September and although is doing pretty well is still having some complications. Poor Paula sat at the emergency room for eight hours with two hours sleep. Grandma Holly ended up with a Baker's cist in one of her legs. Poor thing! Needless to say, we did not end up leaving yesterday as we had planned. We left this morning and went straight to work! I hate when even short vacations end!

2 comments:

framer said...

I am glad you had some fun. Sorry about the not so fun stuff. Did you find good baby deals on Friday? Talk to you soon.

Whitney said...

Girrrllll...that picture of you with the knife scares the crap out of me!!! I cannot believe you got up and went shopping so early in the morning. You are supposed to be taking care of yourself! We had a rather boring Thanksgiving, but it sounds like yours was way more exciting! Where is the new apartment? And where will your mom live?