Monday, March 9, 2009

I Got a Job, I Got a Job, LaLaLaLa....!

I have been working at a local daycare and although I like the people I'm working with and for, I come home exhausted and my hours are hit and miss. Last Thursday Mike came home and said that a position opened up at an agents office about 10 minutes from our apartment. I told him to inform the HR lady that I was interested, thinking I would find out more in a few days and to be honest really wasn't holding my breath. Even deciding that I would go for it was a big deal and I had to be counseled by all those close to me as to what to do (Thanks to all that helped!). I just hate to disappoint people and leave them in a bad place which is what I have had to do with the daycare, to two very hard working, supportive ladies. The next day I helped my mom move into her new way awesome apartment. In the middle of the lease signing, Mike called to tell me that I had an interview at four o'clock the same day! They didn't care what I was wearing they just wanted to talk to me right away! I went to the office at four, which incidently is only two blocks away from my mom's apartment which makes everything that much more easy for me, and met the sweetest two ladies I think I had ever met (and hysterical)! They asked me a few questions and in about 10 minutes I was signing my paperwork and talking about when I would start! In the beginning I will be answering phones and other secretarial type work, but it has the potential to become more than that. It may not sound that exciting to some, but I am so happy about the way this has turned out. I would love to go to a job where I didn't bring everything home with me, where I don't come home exhausted and be able to concentrate on staying healthy and having a great and enjoyable pregnancy. I'm also making more, with benefits and paid leave.

I was so stressed a couple of weeks ago about how we were going to pay for everything and feeling like I wasn't doing my share of helping with our life, until I read this scripture in a book called Worms in My Tea that I was re-reading for the first time in about 6 years. I flipped it open and read a chapter out of order. It was just what I needed on that day. I don't think things like that are a coincidence.

The scripture was from Matthew 6:31-34:
So do not worry saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For the pagans run after all of these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and righteousness, and all of these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

It was just what I needed. It reminded me to pray and have faith that I will be taken care of. It was just a week later I was given this opportunity and I couldn't be more thankful!

1 comment:

framer said...

Yeah for you! However, I still think you need to come back here. God is amazing isn't he? We just forget to lean on him and then BAM he reminds us and things work out. See you soon.

Love