Monday, March 30, 2009

My Awesome Weekend with the Groves!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Fun with Jenna & Kaci
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



I love having company and the last two weeks have been full of my favoritist people ever coming to visit me! Week before last my sister and her mommy came to see me and this last weekend Jenna, Kaci, Alicia and eventually Greg came to visit! The girls and Alicia got in on Thursday and on Friday we got up all ready to go to the zoo- but alas it twas not meant to be. Of course the week before it was beautiful in Albuquerque all warm and spring like. This week when we wanted to go to the zoo, it was cold and icky- isn't that the way it always seems to work? So we came up with Plan B. We picked up Greg's brother Don (He is a for real opera singer- he is in town for a show) and went to the Aquarium and Botanical Gardens. Although we knew where we wanted to go and what general vecinity it was in, we were not exactly sure of its location. We knew it was next to the zoo downtown and there would be signs. So we started cruisin' downtown until we came to a sign that said zoo with an arrow so we followed the sign. The sign putter upper in downtown Albuquerque has a sense of humor it seems. Not only was it not the right way, we ended up in the weirdest part of Albuquerque I have ever seen. Finally after using map quest on Don's phone (why did we not do that sooner? Hhmmmm) we found what street we needed to be on and come to find out, we ended on up on the same street we originally started on. Mean ol sign putter upper!

We had a blast at the aquarium and I have decided that next time I go to a place like that I have to take a kid- it is so much more fun! The girls had a blast! We all did I think. Alicia got some great pictures and the girls and I got to pet real live sting rays (don't worry- there was no Crocodile Hunter reenactments- the stingers had been taken out). We went on to the botanical gardens and had the most fun in the children's garden there. It really is one of the coolest places I have ever been. It looks like the set from 'Honey I Shrunk the Kids.' There's a huge vegetable garden, watering can, birds nest and people sized ants and bugs. There's also a giant pumpkin the size of a building. The seeds are about the size of an iron. We went through the maze, slid down the log slide and played in the sand castle. That's right IN the sand castle. There's a castle tower with a giant sandbox inside. There is so much to see at the Botanical Gardens including a farm house and model train scene and of course gorgeous flowers! I think it may be one of my very favorite places!

After all of that most people would have gone home- but not us!!! We then drived ourselves to the mall for Cinnabon and Build-A-Bear- the two great comforts of life. And this time we did not get lost because we did not follow any rogue signs! We built bears (and bunnies) and do you think we were done then- NO! It's spring break and we had much more fun to have. So we went to the movies and saw Bolt and ate tons of gummy bears! Only then, did we all go home!

The next morning we got up and met Greg, his parents and some family friends at the mall for lunch and shopping. Greg and Alicia went to watch Don in his Opera (which they said was awesome) while the girls, Mike and I went to Chik-Fil-A had kids meals and played in the neatest play place thing ever. If I was not huge pregnant I think I would have played in there myself. We topped the night off by going to Barnes and Noble to get hot chocolate, chai tea lattes (Jenna's favorite) and a big cookie. That's why I rock. I get the girls all riled up and then pump 'em full of sugar- I am so gonna regret it in about three months! I probably will eventually also regret giving the girls a 5 pound bag of gummy bears for Valentine's Day. HHmmmmm...I think my days are numbered. I'm sure Alicia and Greg will remember such things when Logan is at just the right age!

Mike and I had a ton of fun and are so glad they came to see us! We can't wait for the next trip!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Build-A-Bear Rocks!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Not gonna lie. I am totally jealous. I would have LOVED to go all those places with those pretty little girls and Alicia. We have to plan a time for all of you guys to be here and we will go ride the princess carriages.

Stormi said...

Heck yes we do!

framer said...

I love the slide shows. We did have a blast!! The girls are ready to come back. Thanks again for letting us stay. Oh and we will plan to go see your sissy and ride the princess carriage. See you soon.