Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chuck E. Cheese: Fun Family Entertainment or National Security Headquarters?




Last night I went on my very first trip to Chuck E. Cheese's for Kaci's fourth birthday. Both Mike and I had a great time! I think when we get bored from now on, that's where we're going. The games are awesome! We were there for like three hours and it only seemed like 30 minutes! We think it's like Vegas becuase the windows are tinted and there are no clocks! We walked out and it was dark! After all the fun we were having it was time to leave....the birthday girl and her sister were getting tired so we turned in our tickets. While we were waiting for tickets, Mike and I were watching Alicia's dad use the last few tokens in one of those machines where you shoot the tokens onto a shelf and make them drop into the bottom to get tickets. There were some right on the edge and my darling obnoxious husband said we should bump it some and they'll fall. We were all laughing and messing around so I bumped it with my hip ever so gently to joke around ( I was seriously not trying to cheat) and guess what happens when you do that? An alarm goes off for the whole place to hear and an employee comes over to check things out. I am not a person who is easily embarrassed and I felt the burning redness start at my toes and move quickly up to my forehead. I was mortified! Who would have thought that behind the veneer of this family place and the scary man in a mouse suit there is a high security system? We can't find Osama bin Laden but don't worry the token machine at Chuck E.Cheese is heavily guarded! Maybe we should open a Chuck E. Cheese in the middle East and when Osama tries to cheat the games we'll know where to find him!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh My Lord! That is the funniest thing you have ever done! I bet you were about to absolutely die!....Imagine....trying to cheat a poor little mouse out of his tokens.....

framer said...

Remember the mother of birthday girl has done it too. We were glad you got to go. Jenna and Kaci will join you anytime. They love it.