Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Govenors, Presidents, fanciness and.....smelly?

Okay, so tonight we were to go to the Dean of the College of Business' house for a recption with a big independent Insurance firm- we went.....but it was not what I expected. Come to find out the Dean is not just a guy with a doctorate running a college (although that is impressive) oh no this one is a former governor of New Mexico. Garrey Curruthers. There are pictures of him with presidents in the white house, royalty all kinds of stuff! Their house is amazing (the pool house is like two of our apartment) and they are wonderfully nice people. So for an hour we did feel pretty darn important- UNTIL dum, dum, dum we got home. As we drove up to our quaint apartment, I saw what looked like a cat. But no it was not. It was an enourmous skunk. I'm talking this thing is the size of both my dogs put together and it was running toward us!! So we ran in and I called animal control. Now we are waiting for them so we can take our poor doggies out before they piddle on the floor! Pray for us that nobody gets skunked!

2 comments:

framer said...

Happy Anniversary! You really are important people. Wish I was. I'm glad you had a good time. Hopefully, no one got sprayed, cause that would make a horrible ending to a third anniversary.

Alicia

Whitney said...

Ohhhh...that is just icky. And really scary cause they carry rabies. And poor Ellie Mae would be so scared. Maybe you should come live with me??? Yes, yes, you should! We don't have skunks in Texas.